Sean P. Bawden is an Ottawa, Ontario employment lawyer and wrongful dismissal lawyer practicing with Kelly Santini LLP. From April 2019 to September 2021, he was in-house legal counsel providing employment law advice to one of Canada’s largest corporations. He has also been a part-time professor at Algonquin College teaching Trial Advocacy for Paralegals and Small Claims Court Practice.
At Kelly Santini LLP, we take pride in helping businesses and organizations of all sizes avoid costly disputes by providing regular and proactive counsel to employers on their day-to-day HR issues. By tapping into our expertise as and when needed you can help avoid employment disputes in the future.
Our advice also includes:
- Preparing employment contracts;
- Advising on the employment implications involved in mergers and acquisitions;
- Drafting employment policies and procedures;
- Preparing executive compensation and incentive packages;
- Preparing and advising on termination packages;
- Preparing and advising on non-competition and non-solicitation agreements;
- Providing occupational health & safety advice; and
- Conducting workplace harassment investigations.
If a dispute does arise, our team of employment litigators offers the experience needed to handle any dispute. We have appeared before the numerous administrative tribunals and the courts to resolve disputes involving:
- Wrongful dismissal claims;
- Human rights claims, including pay equity and discrimination claims;
- Employment standards claims;
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board claims; and
- Workplace investigations and union grievances.
Have a question about whether the wording of your employment contract would survive judicial scrutiny? Think it might be time for a review of your employment agreements? Need someone to draft a new set of agreements for you? Have a workplace harassment issue? Need a policy with respect to workplace harassment? Need someone to conduct an investigation into incidents and complaints of workplace harassment (or just want some guidance and advice on how to do one in-house)? I can help.
I can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 613.238.6321 x233.